Henna/Mehndi, the art of applying henna paste to the skin to produce a stain, is hot in the United States right now. You see it being done at amusement parks, beaches, and even shopping malls. You don't have to pay a professional to give you a temporary henna tattoo. It's fun and easy to do yourself!
Follow these steps for quick and easy henna tattoo application:
- Gather henna, paper towels, a damp wash cloth (to remove mistakes), a straigt pin (to remove any clogs in your cone or nozzle), and mehndi oil (optional).
- Wash area well. Do not use a lotion based soap. A swipe of rubbing alcohol helps.
- Mix henna thoroughly. Carefully knead cone or tube for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Make a VERY small cut at the tip of the cone or remove cap from henna tube.
- For cones, squeeze out about 1/4 inch of paste. For tubes, apply desired applicator tip.
- Hold tip close to skin (or touch skin lightly) and slowly squeeze henna from cone, creating designs. Experiment with techniques. The thicker your lines, the darker the color.
- If you make a mistake, quickly wipe off henna with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Wipe end of cone or tube. For tubes, replace cap and wash applicator tip. Refrigerate to keep henna fresh longer.
- Allow henna dry for at least 1 hour. Leave henna on longer to deepen color. You can also apply a henna sealer after the henna is set, but before it is dry. This will allow you to keep your henna on for hours (even overnight) to produce a much darker color.
- Gently scrape off dried henna with your fingernail.
- Optional-To deepen color and help design last longer, apply a thin layer of mehndi oil over design.
Your design will last about 5-7 days without henna oil, depending on your skin tone. With care, it can last 2-3 weeks
To make your design last longer...
- Wear gloves when your hands come in contact with chemicals (when cleaning especially)
- Use gentle soap when washing hands (stay away from any type of exfoliating soaps)
- Wear rubber gloves when washing your hair
- Apply henna oil over your design before showering .
How to use as a hair colour:-
* Iron vessel to be used for a darker
* Apply the henna paste
parting the hair closely-for a
* If using merely as a conditioner
henna plus can be washed after an
hour. If using as a dye wait for 3
hours or till it starts drying and
* Now rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
* Whipped egg can be added to the
paste for extra shine and silky
No artificial/chemical ingredient is used